Radiofrequency is a non-surgical, non-invasive and painless procedure able to counteract the signs of skin aging and through which localised fat deposits can be treated. It treats different areas of face and body, such as the nose-geniene furrows, the eye contour, the cheekbones, the forehead, the neck, the arms, the abdomen, the inside and the outer thigh and the buttocks.
How Radiofrequency treatment works
It is a cosmetic procedure performed by the doctor in the clinic using one or more handpieces, which use electrical energy able to breakdown collagen fibers and to stimulate fibroblasts to produce new ones. The basic principle is to generate a thermal shock in the deeper layers of the skin to trigger a regenerative response from the body.
Purpose of the treatment
Through radiofrequency, a homogeneous endogenous hyperemia is applied on the different levels of the treated structure. In practice, the application of radiofrequency causes the deeper layers of the skin to reach temperatures near or above 40 degrees, while maintaining the epidermis at lower temperatures, so that it remains protected at all times. This involves an immediate relaxation of the collagen fibers, stimulation of the fibroblasts, production of new collagen and tissue regeneration. The result is a relaxation of superficial wrinkles and a general improvement of the skin’s texture. Not only that, by the blood call and the reactivation of the lymphatic system, fat cells are stimulated to release toxins and excess fluids, restoring balance.
In particular, radiofrequency treatment is indicated for:
- Wrinkle reduction
- Restoration of skin tone
- Remodeling of localized adiposity
- Cellulite nodule reduction
- Stimulation of the superficial microcirculation
- Stimulation of the lymphatic circulation
- Elimination of stasis swelling
What I need to know
With radiofrequency, you can treat different areas:
- The face: obtaining various effects, first of all a lifting effect. This happens because the heating goes to act directly on the collagen causing denaturalisation. Up to 30% of the fibres are shortened by swelling, resulting in remodeling of the treated area. The effect is immediately perceptible.
- Cellulite of the body: because, by improving the microcirculation and transporting heat to the dermis, there is a decrease in local edema and a lipolytic effect. Not only that, the heat leads to real skin restructuring with a significant reduction of cellulite, fat deposits and visibly-improved skin laxity.
It is advisable to undergo one or two weekly sessions in a cycle that varies from 6 to 12 total sessions for the first month, after which you switch to maintenance on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, depending on your needs.